Pontiac VIBE Tire Size Question

Hi all...

I'm looking to purchase a couple of front tires for my base 03 Vibe. The ones that are already installed are 205/55/16 size. At the moment I'm eyeing this one make but they don't come in that size. I was wondering if I could deviate from the size I already have ie. go

215/55/16, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, the sale on those tires ends on Friday.

:)

Alex

Reply to
awiecek

225/50-16 is .08% smaller in diameter and would be the next best one. Go to that link to see more.

Phillip Schmid

Phillip,

that is a great site. Thank you very much for the link, I'm sure I'll make a good use of it.

Alex

Phillip Schmid wrote:

awiecek

Here's another one, one that's more like a calculator rather than a table.

Tire size calculator

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Hi..

What rims do you have? If you are using the steel ones with wheel covers...BEWARE!. I am the second one my dealer had to refund the cost of tires to. Be careful you buy a tire that is NOT made with the rim protector bead around it. This bead is just above theedge of the rim and is supposed to help prevent rim damage but it also makes the wheel cover sit out too far, causing it to "float" and because it can move, it makes a thumping noise with every rotation of the tire. This darn near drove me nuts until I took the wheel covers off and it went away. The ones that caused the problems were Uniroyal Tiger Paws. My dealer looked into it and there was one earlier incident with the same problem. Now they advise Vibe owners of this.

H>> Phillip,

Reply to
Snoopy

Yousuf,

cool link! thank you.

Steve,

they're 16"stock rims - steel. Thanks for mentioning the Tiger Paws because I was just looking into it last night. I had no idea about the problem you described and one thing that kinda kept me from buying them was the fact that they're rated for only about 60,000 miles.

thanks again!

Alex

Reply to
awiecek

ask the pros

Reply to
tj

Alex..

You're quite welcome. It was definitely a surprise to me when that was the problem and the dealer never even tried to brush me off.

Steve

Reply to
Snoopy