Pontiac Woe's...

I recently bought a 91 Pontiac Grand Am (2.5 automatic). The man that I bought the car off of said that it hadn't ran in about a year, so naturally I figured it would need to be ran to blow it out and get the old gas out of the system. It ran okay, but missed a little and just not quite right. I figured it was because it had been sitting for a year. Well since then, i've ran it a lot and ive already filled the gas tank up once, and it hasn't gotten any better. It still misses, and runs a little rough. The car runs great under acceleration, but when idling it runs like crap. Any ideas? Another problem is that the speedometer doesn't work. It stays on 0 until I get to around 40-50 then it lifts off the peg a little... I naturally figured it was the speed sensor, since thats usually the problem of a nonfunctioning speedometer. Put the new one in today, and it didn't fix the problem. It's still doing the same thing. Please help! Thanks, Gary

Reply to
waterboy44

Could be dirty injectors not squirting enuff at idlle.

Reply to
Johnny Angel