Power steering problem

Hi,

I have a pontiac sunfire 2001 with manual transmission. When i bought the car in may i replaced the power steering pump and since then i started noticing a hissing noise coming from the pump. I had to replace it another time because a hose got disconnected while driving and the pump ran without oil for 200 km ( i had to continue i was far away from the nearest town ..!)

So i changed the pump and replugged the hose correctly and now i can still hear that hissing noise coming from the P/S pump area. I wonder if its the hose who?s slack again or if the problem is somewhere else ... any clue anyone please?

thx Hizarv

Reply to
hizarv

check the hose. It might be leaking or split somewhere. Is the hissing coming directly from the pump or the hose?

Reply to
Workinman1

How much does it cost to repair a power steering pump and a water pump?

Thanks, Folks

Reply to
gemini67

Just like that, eh? Wow! Let me go rub my crystal ball!

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

$1857.00 US