Power Steering Problem

My 2002 Grand Prix GT with 80K has been making a grinding noise when you turn the wheel all the way to the left when making a left turn. While driving, it is fine. I took it to the dealer and they said that it may be the axle boot. Would this solve the problem??

Reply to
Matthew

Boots don't make noise. You need to try another shop, from what you have said. Either a bad CV joint or a bad wheel bearing can make noise in tight turns one way or another, although a wheel bearing is more likely with only a one direction noise. Either way you need someone that doesn't guess. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh