Power Window Question

I have a '95 Pontiac Trans Sport. The driver's side window will move maybe 1/4 of an inch up or down, then it will stop, and not move any further. If I remove the rivets for the motor, and remove the motor, will the window move freely up and down?

Reply to
TravisS155

If you are sure it's the motor, go to the junk yard and get a good one, and swap it out.

Reply to
80 Knight
80 Knight schrieb:

One year ago, i swaped the power window motor on my 83' Camaro. One person have to hold the heavy window and the other remove the motor. Don't know if it is easier on a Trans Sport.

Reply to
Dominik Hirt

The window must be supported before removing the motor. It hurts the hands as it drops down the rails.

Bill

Reply to
Berkshire Bill

Ok, if I've got the window supported, and I remove the rivets holding the motor, what is going to actually come off the door? Are the rivets only holding the motor itself, or is it holding the part of the window assembly, too? What I'm afraid of happening is getting that motor loose, then half a dozen parts fall loose in the process, leaving me with no clue how to get them back together (considering that I can't exactly stick my head in there and see what I'm doing).

Reply to
TravisS155

The motor only has the worm gear on it, the regulator has the other gears. Look closely at the lift arms, it sounds like there is a roller missing or something is binding.

Bill

Reply to
Berkshire Bill