Question about unscrewing radiator petcock on 94 GP?

Not wanting to break the plastic petcock I need to ask...what type of design is it? Is it a traditional CCW screw-all-the-way-out type or just a

1/4-turn type valve?

I was getting ready to drain the coolant system and when I proceeded to turn the petcock it turned very easily in a CCW direction for about 1/4 turn then stopped solid. It still easily turns back and forth that 1/4 turn ans exhibits loosness in the threads but no coolant drains (pressure cap removed). I'm expecting it's designed to unscrew a few turns to release coolant but would like to make sure prior to creating a real problem.

Cheers, Tj

Reply to
Terry

Its 1/4 turn. Wiggle and pull on it now.

Reply to
Bon·ne·vil

Much appreciate the info! Wiggle and pull I can do. ;-)

Cheers, Tj

Reply to
Terry