Question on AC/Heater control knob

Hi there.

I have a question on the heater controls. The heater settings (in red color) point to these options: DEFROST, FLOOR and DASH.

Now the setting for FLOOR and DASH *at the same time* is actually colored in the BLUE part of the dial right next to the air conditioning settings.

The BLUE settings are AC and MAX, but the FLOOR and DASH is confusing me... can I run that with the temp dial set to hot and have it blow hot air (which it does) in the winter without it kicking in the air conditioning ?? I don't want to run AC all winter when I really am looking for heater settings.

:)

Reply to
Pontiac Fanatic

And praytell what is the mystery car were talking about?

Is it an automatic climate control ?

If its set up like my Buick, the compressor runs in every mode except vent.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 32,360 91 Bonneville LE 304,498
Reply to
Harry Face

Your 2005 G-6 runs the a/c all the time in every setting except vent.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Err it's a 93 Grand Am... sorry about that

Reply to
Pontiac Fanatic

Your 93 G/A runs the a/c in EVERY setting except for vent and heat regardless of temp setting. The pressure switch normally turns off the compressor at about

20-30 psi, which is about 20-30F. That is normal for American made cars. Foreign cars have a switch to turn the a/c on-off. I installed a led rocker switch in my 92 G/A that turns the a/c relay on-off like a foreign car. Its in the bottom left hand corner of the knob panel. Turn off the compressor and save gas.
Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul