Shell gas used to do that to my '94 Pontiac. Sometimes using a good fuel system cleaner will fix it - other times you need to change the sender unit.

Mine cleaned up.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

I found out the hard way when the guage went on our 95gran-am. Stuck at a bank parking lot Its was empty but reading 1/4th tank. It still moves like when filled-up the needle is waay past full. Never got it fixed or will, I just filler-up reset the trip-meter fill-up again after 150 miles. Good luck with yours

Reply to
QUAKEnSHAKE