Re: 2001 Grand Prix GTP Daylight Running Lights

> How Do You Turn The DayLoght Running Lights Off? I have changed my > headlights three times now from burning out. Does anyone know how to bypass > this? > > Thanks

See if there is anything here that may be of help:

=?x-user-defined?Q?py=B0ats=40texxxas=2Enet?=

My bonneville was real easy, just unplug a big ceramic resistor.

Reply to
Bonnevilles R Kewl

A while back someone posted that you could position your headlight switch between park lights and headlights. I've tried this and the headlights go out, but the park lights stay on.

Unknown if there is any adverse side effects to that trick?

Of course it wouldn't solve the bulb change problem, just trade it for replacement of cheaper bulbs :(

Reply to
TJ 727

there is a black diode pack on the far left underside of the dash. it has cooling fins on it, just unplug it. really easy if you remove the access panel on the side of the dash. sheck this site for other things. if you want to kill the auto headlights the photoresistor up on the dashboard with a fixed 470-Ohm resistor from radio shack

also check out

wiredawg

dont mess with the resistor...just pull the DRL fuse in the glovebox

Reply to
GT Grand Prix 00

I re-routed my Daytime Running Lights to the fog lights using the schematic at the URL listed above. Works great. If you just want to disable them completely, here's a site that shows the step-by-step process that the previous poster described:

Hope this helps.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Zabolotzky

Reply to
Scott

do NOT set the brake with 1 click to disable the lights. one click is enough to make the brakes drag if driven. All you have to do is pull the DRL fuse

Reply to
GT Grand Prix 00

Reply to
tony tigar