Re: 94 G Prix gas gauge prob.

That usually means the sending unit (aka "float") in the gas tank is failing. You need to drop the tank to replace it. It's doable with a friend in the driveway or you can just start using the odometer and buying gas every 200-300 miles. GW

Woody wrote:

The gas gauge on my '94 G Prix is erratic. One time it will show 3/4 full > and minutes later 1/4 full, then 1/2 full..etc....Where should I look - What > needs replacing...It it's an expensive job I'll just keep topping it up now > and then. > > KP
Reply to
Geoff Welsh

BUT...my 93 did it and the gas tank developed a leak so we replaced it and the float. It still did it. If it changes depending on the grades on the road and how much you have the accelerator depressed then I don't think it's the float.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

To heck with it....Even when the warning light comes on indicating low gas there seems to be lots left. Think I'll just keep adding and save a few bucks. The old girl has 214,000 km (133,750 miles) on her. Change the oil/filter every 3,000 km. Every couple of months there's something needs work.

Now I need front strut mounts or bearings or whatever they're called. May as well keep the car until it rusts away or dies altogether - body is still in good shape after almost 10 years of winter salt and everything else nature threw at it, so I can't complain. Will do some spray work around the fenders this weekend.

KP

Reply to
Tundra