Re: abs problem

"res0ta8b" wrote

i had addressed a problem with my abs light comming on earlier in the group > but no one addressed it,isn't there anyone with some advise or tips on this > problem.i'm sure i'm not the only one this has happened to before,any > suggestions(besides taking it in at the tune of hundreds of dollors at a > dealer to fix) would be greatful;

Look, if you came wandering into our dealership and gave me your explanation of what your problem is, I would still be unable to help you. All of the warning lights on a vehicle are there to get a technician 'started' on the diagnostic problem. All I can tell you from your description is that you have an ABS problem. Obviously you can figure that out too. Either pay to get the history codes retrieved so that you at least know where to start looking, or just live with the problem.

abs light comes on after putting car in gear,at start up light is off and > you can go in reverse all you want or stay in park or nuetral and light > styas off,put in in drive and light goes on.you don't even have to roll > forward,just putting it in drive will do it

The reason that you may not be getting any response is that your describing symptoms that I've never seen. I've seen an ABS light that will only come on when you have driven a few feet, which is normal as the ABS system will do a self check at a certain speed, but I've never seen an ABS light that only comes on when you simply put the vehicle in gear. Someone else may have seen these symptoms, but they just aren't on this newsgroup at the moment.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

The only thing you can do, without the diagnostic computer Ian speaks of, is to visually inspect the wiring at the wheel speed sensors. GW

shiden_kai wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh