Re: Buried 57 plymouth in 50 year Time Capsule Unearthed!

for info. > >> > >> Here are pictures of what was in that time capsule and the car. Sadly > >> the car didn't do so well... > >>
> > >A more accurate statement is that sadly, the people who packaged the car > >didn't do a good job. It's hard to seal something properly for 50 years. > > > >Next time, they should put it in a concrete container lined with plastic > >*above* ground. > > Still probably wouldn't be enough for 50 years and usable contents. > Ask any military operation in the world - Something that needs to > work after long term storage needs to be in a sealed box with active > humidity control (dehumidifier or desiccant) and under pressure so any > container leaks will go out.

I believe the US Military uses Edwards AFB in AZ to store this kind of thing without all the fancy sealed boxes and humidity control. If the car had been put down there and tarped, it would have probably lasted perfectly well.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

You're thinking of Davis-Monthan AFB, the location of AMARC. Edwards is in California.

Tim J.

No doubt it would have, but that location would have sort of defeated the purpose of the Tulsaram wouldn't it?

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

I am pretty sure they had Saran Wrap in 1957...duuuhhh.

Reply to
Johnny Cakes