Re: Grand Prix Electrical Problem

Grand Prix's seem prone to various electricla problems. Mine has one too, but different than yours. I've heard the AC problem before though, and it seems to be solved usually by replacing the ignition cylinder. I know it sounds weird, but from what I've read, it generally works.

Good Luck --

jwardl

Roman B. wrote:

Hello, > > i have a strange electrical problem with my 97 grand prix. > The air conditioner doesn't work at all, unless the fan speed is > set to 5 ( the shop u took the car tried replacing some relay that > controls > A/C speed - that didn't help ) If the fan speed is not set to 5, trip > computer does not work also. After something broke there, gas mileage > fell > down to 8mi/gallon. I took the car to the shop, they say there's a > short circuit somwhere, which causes all of this, but they do not know > where exactly to look. There's some strange device they suspect, it's > located on the fron right side under the front panel, you can see it > if you lift floor mat. > The device has GM printed on it, but nobody can identify it, and it's > too light > for an amplifier. > > I would appreciate any help diagnosing this problem/identifing unkown > device. > > Thanks, Roman
Reply to
jwardl

Thanks for the reply.

I tried disconnecting HVAC fuse ( passenger side box, second from left, second from bottom ) - it seemed to solve the problem, i.e. gas mileage is fine and trip computer works, bu the air conditioner does not. So, i put the fuse back, and tried to disconnect the EED device. When device is disconnected, everything works fine, but A/C does not work. When Ignition and Ground wires only are disconnected - nothing works... It's kinda misterious. Do you know, by any chance, where i could find wiring diagrams for that stuff? Chilton's doesn't have any

Roman

Reply to
Roman Bystritskiy

Go down to your local Pontiac dealer, they should let you make copies of the GM show manual

Reply to
clevere

by the way, what are the A/C problems you heard of before? i just want to know if the symptoms match.

Reply to
Roman Bystritskiy