Re: GTO - reminds me of the Chevy Nova

Never saw a '74 GTO, eh, Steve? Terry

Reply to
Terry Nixon

Damn you, wrong variant altogether. GTO/Tempest=Chevelle/Malibu=Regal/GS=442/Cutlass also Monte Carlo to 73 same family and Nova and Chevelle related by chassis also but NOVA=Apollo=Century=Ventura.

Happy?

Reply to
Steven Dinius

| > Happy? | >

| |

Reply to
Steven Dinius

"Steven Dinius" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

It pains me to bring back remembrance of this sad time in muscle car history....to be the bearer of the truth.... it's sickening and sad, but true.... oh the humanity. This link is not for the faint of heart. You have been warned.

Joseph Blow III

It gets worse. The '74 GTO was only availble with a Pontiac 350. The 400 and

455 wasn't even an option!

Take a Nova, put a T/A shaker on it, some "GTO" decals(they weren't even cast metal) and you have a '74 GTO.

The '73 GTO was almost as bad. Atleast you could get a 455/4-speed with it. The last REAL GTO was in 1972.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

I'm not happy at all. First, you're misinformed. The 1974 GTO was in fact built on the nova platform. Second, I absolutely hate Novas. I don't care what year, powertrain, model, (yes even the 427 Yenko) I think it's one of the ugliest "performance" cars from that era. For GM to throw some decals and a Trans Am hood scoop on that platform and call it a GTO is way worse than making the new GTO out of a Holden. What a terrible way for such a great car to go out. If it wasn't insulting enough, the 74 GTO could be ordered with a tent that fit into the rear hatch (think Aztek)

BTW...my point in posting that the '74 GTO was only a nova, was a crack at the guy posting that the new GTO is only a rebadged Holden. Not exactly hot of the press news. It's so www. last year . com

Jay S

Reply to
Jay S

Yes, and not only that, apparently a simple joke went over your head.

Reply to
Joe

The Citation spawned some good at least... hehehe.

Hell the '74 GTO being a Nova... I don't see old GTOs ambling about, even at American car shows around here. But I *do* see Monaros, and if that... thing... that they offered you in '74 is meant to be a GTO, why all this outcry about the Holden based GTO? It at least has SOME style, and it definitely performs.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson