Re: Radiator Update

Good job Harry. Improvising is what makes great mechs!

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

"« Paul »" wrote

It is? I'd prefer to have an original factory one that bolts right up without having to look for stupid adapters that make me go back to the dealership and ask questions. But that's just me...I gotta make some money.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

hmm, bet you wish you called the parts department before you took all that time to drive back and forth huh :D

Meanwhile a cop pulls you over because to them its suspicious to have all the windows open in cold weather, Haha!

In other news, my car is getting new rims and tires, thank god for employee discounts.

Nice 5 skinny spoke corvette looking design.. exactly what I was looking for.

Paradox

PDX

The drive to the dealer is only a mile.

Your comment about a cop pulling you over for having the windows opened in cold weather---it happened to me in 1980 with my first car. I had the LR window & the driver window down to blow out the extremme heat. 73 Impala had a kick ass heater.

In 1983 when I had my 68 LeSabre Convertible. the day I got it, it was

14 degrees, Had it in my dads shop for a few hours installing a replacement tail light from the junkyard, plus I cleaned the car up a bit. Had the top down while I was fooling around with it, about 8:30 pm I figured what the hell I'm gonna go for a quick 1 mile ride with the top down.

Luckily the main drag had one of those high concrete dividers you can't cross, a Chicago squad with two officers slowed down coming toward me and gave a double take when they saw me. I shot them a big grin...first chance i got to turn off on a side street I got the hell out of there figuring they'd come after me. I suddenly remembered the 1980 window incident. LOL

You don't need Jose wheels on your car, there's nothing wrong with the MC wheels you got now.

Kids !

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 028 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Ian,

I would of preferred the factory radiator, but $441 was high for a radiator. I'll figure a was to secure the trans lines back to the stabalizer brackets by attaching them to an extention bar bolted to the bottom of the radiator pan.

Its probably cheaper to make the radiator with 1/2 inch trans line fittings than to make two different size / styles.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 028 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

I would much rather just bolt in a clone, too. Especially on someone else's vehicle at flat rate. In today's world of cheaply made =

throw-away cars and tv's, that's probably as it should be. However, on my own things I have always improvised and I believe that =

is one of the reasons that I have learned how to repair and maintain anything. ... From a car to my company's net servers down to the component level. Improvising probably contributes to all of my vehicles easily attaining

225k miles before trade in. I grew up on a farm - we did not have money to buy new things.
Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

what could possibly be wrong with the old radiator? you take the old one to a radiator shop. leave the mechanicin' to us and the typing to you.

Reply to
GREASY DICK

I would much rather just bolt in a clone, too. Especially on someone else's vehicle at flat rate. In today's world of cheaply made throw-away cars and tv's, that's probably as it should be.

TV's? wtf? someone sounds bitter :D

Reply to
Paradox

read my original post again and you'll find out what was wrong with the radiator. As for repairing mine, you don't know what we have working in the radiator shop by me.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 300 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face