Re: Should I have to pay for this?

>I took my 99 Sunfire in to get my oil changed, my tire pressure >adjusted and my coolant flushed & refilled. After the coolant was >refilled, one of my spark plugs shot out of the car and exploded.

Getting the oil changed and a coolant flush have NOTHING to do with the spark plug.

Did you make sure the blinker fluid and the muffler bearings where checked?

Reply to
Dennis Smith

In news:d18qot$f5a$ snipped-for-privacy@news.doit.wisc.edu, Dennis Smith rambled:

I cannot find where to fill the blinker fluid?

Reply to
Briscobar

Reply to
Nicholas Wittebol

It is right next to the head light fluid (to the right.)

As for excess blowby changing the plugs won't fix it. Was the spark plug broken?

I can see this happening. Excessive pressure built up in the crank case due to a PCV (positive crank case ventilation) valve getting clogged, your rings being bad or a worse a damaged piston (which would hurt the ring anyway). Your head gasket would go for sure but my concern would be if oil is getting by the rings to the plugs then changing them isn't a solution. I think you may want a compression test or even a leak down test before I spent a bunch of money on plugs, wires and the springs or whatever. A leakdown test will show you if your engine rings and valves and pistons are shot and if they are it's a top end rebuild bro. I'm not gonna make fun of you I had an engine in my Nissan have all of this pressure, when you pulled the plug you could feel the hot gas and air pressure blowing out.

The best answer you have been given is to go through all of your options, suggest a compression test on the plug that "exploded" , it probably broke, and "negotiate" a decent deal with them.

Should you have to pay? Yeah bro, it is your car, as much as it sucks it's life. Good luck!

Reply to
Paul Maxson

I have my cell phone in one hand a coffee in the other how do you expect me to reach the signal lever?

Reply to
Scott Buchanan