Re: Van spark plugs

Sorry, but... what does it mean "rock the engine forward"? I have a trans sport and I also have to change the sparks Thanks

Carlos

"Geoff Welsh" escribió en el mensaje news:r4RXd.5085$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.socal.rr.com...

It's still simple, HF. It takes like five minutes to rock the engine > forward. > Make sure it's in neutral, with the tires chocked! > GW > > Harry Face wrote: > >> I think I've seen other posts saying you have to move the engine forward >> by disconnecting the dog bone mount in front of the engine. Amazing what >> has to be done on these modern cars for what once was a >> simple task ! Good Luck >> >> Harryface
Reply to
Carlos Lacruz

Rock the engine means allowing the engine to tilt forward. This is done by removing the bolts in the engine mounts on the top front of the engine, or by removing the bolts underneath in the sub frame rail. ( I think that's what its called.)

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 300,377 miles

000,006 - Feb 4,1991

100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 1/4 Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005
Reply to
Harry Face