Re: Volume Controls

Both my steering wheel and radio volume controls now do not work on my

> factory AM/FM/Cassette. Here are my options: > > 1. Take apart the steering wheel and try to fix the switch. Can I do this > safely without setting off the airbag? > 2. Find a used factory replacement radio. Anyone have one for sale? > 3. Buy a new aftermarket radio, but not sure if I want to spend the money. > 4. Fix the volume knob on the radio, but my guess is that this isn't worth > it. > > Any opinions, experiences, or comments? > > John (Volume stuck on *loud*) > '93SSEi >

It's probably the controls on your steering wheel. I think Year One has them for around $40 a side, but not sure if they'd fit a 93-94 wheel. Check ebay for a used replacement if you want to keep the steering wheel controls -- no aftermarket radio that I know of is going to support that feature.

Michael

Reply to
Wavy Gravy