Relay Clicks

Well yesterday I pulled the glovebox and all the lower dash trim off from the passenger side of the vehicle. After start up in the morning there are some click, click, click noises for about 3 seconds.

This just started happening this week.

A few more clicks are heard further down the road, then all is quiet. You might get one or two clicks hours later.

There are three relays on the right hand side under the dash:

  1. Horn relay,
  2. Fuel Pump relay.
  3. Fuel Pump / Oil relay

( note: In dash oil pressure gauge reads fine )

I'm touching the three relays with three fingers tips while leaning over trying to start the car with my left.

I'm trying to feel which one is clicking. It felt like one or possibly two are clicking but its hard to tell. The one I felt the first time was the horn relay.

Car runs fine, no hesitation when it clicks, and the horn works fine. None of them get hot after driving a while.

There originals too.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~299, 876 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

take the horn relay out and try to see if you will continue to get that sound. :) you might even short the other relays also :)

Reply to
u c c