Removing steering wheel from a 1994 Pontiac Firebird with an Airbag

I NEED TO REMOVE THE STEERING WHEEL TO REPLACE THE TURN SIGNAL ASSEMBLY, BUT MY CAR IS EQUIPPED WITH AN AIRBAG AND I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS SAFE TO REMOVE IT IN THE NORMAL WAY OR NOT, WILL THE AIRBAG OPEN OUT IF I TRY THAT,, OR WHAT IT THE CORRECT WAY TO REMOVE IT WITH AN AIRBAG? THANKS!!

Reply to
shadebn

For starters, I always unhook the battery. For seconds, on my '96 Bonneville, the airbag is bolted to the steering wheel from the back of the steering wheel, and I have to take those 2 bolts out to get the airbag out, and then take the wheel off. I don't think the '94 Firebird had the same wheel as my car, but it might. Anyhow, remember to unhook your battery, and turn off your TheftLoc on your stereo if you have it, unless you know the password.

Reply to
80 Knight