Rental Aztec

I rented a Pontiac Aztec AWD to go to the Dallas-Ft. Worth area and put 813 miles on it. Freeway mileage = 26 mpg. Around town = 21. It was gray and kind of weird looking but ran and handled nice. I did not like the 6 speaker stereo. Bass was terrible - muffled. The arm rests were padded and the window sill height was right. It had the 3400 engine and sufficient power for this vehicle. The AWD easily pulled the loaded vehicle though muddy construction sites. Rear visibility was so-so. Driver's seat quite comfortable. Inside lighting not very good. Controls placed well. Lots of interior space - 11' long. The aluminum control arm assemblies bother me though - one bump on a curb or such and I would think they would bend or break. Insurance would probably total the vehicle.

Would I buy one? Maybe... It was a nice vehicle.

60 degree engine though :(
Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

The new generation Bonnevilles have those also. They say it is to help lighten the front end.

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE

Reply to
markwb

I rented one also and must admit it was downright UGLY! That said, I agree it drove and handled nicely. The one thing I absolutely hated though was the lack of rear window visibility caused by the obstruction that ran horizontally through the window!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Agreed. That stupid wind spoiler thing blocks the rear view. Learning to rely on the outside mirrors for backing up is a must =

with this vehicle.