Replace headlight on Grand Prix

I need to replace the headlight housing on the passenger side of my Grand Prix (yr. 2000). The lens is missing, the lamp is intact. Just ordered the part from my local GM dealer. How involved is it for a D.I.Y.??

Pete

Photos can be viewed here:

pgwphoto

Easy. Common tools. 5 minutes. Instructions will come with the new housing.

Reply to
Old And In The Way

Easy.... real easy. Need metric socket.... I think a 10mm or 12 mm

Reply to
tj

I got the part (GM# 16522600) It's the headlight itself (lamp, lens, etc) I haven't started the project of replacing it yet but it looks like I need a torx screwdriver as one of my tools to remove the old headlight housing from the socket? Not sure where to begin? I can't find a manual anywhere for the headlight assembly.

Pete

Reply to
pgwphoto

Never mind. I figured out how to replace the headlight. It involves removing FOUR 10mm bolts. TWO bolts hold in the WHOLE headlight assembly onto the bracket, then TWO more that actually hold in the lamp section to the bracket. Did the replacement in like 10 minutes. Not a world's record but this novice feels pretty good about the maintenance job I did!

Pete

Reply to
pgwphoto