Replacing 200 Grand Am V-6 Engine Mount

My most recent trip to the local dealership revealed that I have an engine mount (passenger side) that needs replaced.

Here's my questions:

1) What are the symptoms of a bad engine mount? 2) Can you tell just by looking at it if it's bad? 3) Is it a fairly easy job for a DIYer to replace one? 4) If so, can anyone give me step-by step instructions on how to replace it?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Scott Ferry

Reply to
Scott Ferry

Engine flops around a lot.

Sometimes. Especially if the engine has fallen several inches and is now shredding the cv boots due to severe angle.

Yes.

Here is how I do mine every few years: Jack up right side of car. Remove RF tire and lower ball joint onto a piece of railroad tie. Support engine with floor jack and piece of wood under the oil pan. Unbolt all the bolts. Remove mount. Reverse process with new mount. Better look at the lower while you are there.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=A0Paul=A0?=