Richard Petty 1992 Grand Prix?

A guy in my shop is selling a 1992 Richard Petty, Limited Edition Grand Prix. I looked at it quickly and it seems really clean. It has the twin cam engine, and all the little trim things are there like the wheel center caps, etc. It runs great but the tranny (auto) is going out. I'm wondering if these things are really rare or if GM made a million of them. One guy said that it should have a ID plaque on it saying "Number XXX out f

1000" or something like that. I saw one on Ebay that was signed by both Richard Petty and Rusty Wallace. It only has 5,000 miles on it and it didn't get a $19,000.00 starting bid. What's the story on these and what is it worth? I already have a 68 GTO convertible and an 06 Solstice, and was wondering if there is any reason to add this car to the "collection"? Thanks in advance for any input!
Reply to
buzzojoe