Service Manuals

I went to my public library last night and spent about 90 minutes going through the service manuals for my 91 Grand Prix.

Boy, and I thought computer software documentation was bad!

Reply to
John Bailo

The problem is that if they haven't been getting the updates and bulletins for the past 15 years the manuals can't be trusted.

Lee

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

Case in point:

The one thing I wanted to find is where the temperature sensor is on a

3.1L Grand Prix engine (1991).

I photocopied the one drawing that shows it very clearly.

Only thing is: it doesn't look a thing like my engine!

I can't tell if it's showing the front, back or side because it's rotated 45 degrees off center.

Sheesh!

And I was thinking of paying $110 for those manuals!

Reply to
John Bailo

The updated info must be on the net somewhere. Good luck!

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

Hey, this is cool.

I found out that my library system has both all the Chilton's online and an Alldata site that basically has the service manuals online.

I can use the Chilton's from a web browser anywhere once I log in with my library card. The service manuals I have to use in any library.

John Bailo

Kickass library system. $110 well saved!

Lee

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter