SES light question

Can a vacuum leak cause the SES light to come on? Just curious. Don't know a whole lot about vehicles. Thanks.

Reply to
Travis King

Always did on my cars.

Reply to
80 Knight

OK. My SES light comes on once in a while at random times for just a few seconds and I don't notice anything unusual when it does come on. My cruise doesn't work also, and Dad (as well as this NG) said that this could be caused by a vacuum leak or the switch. Maybe it is just a vacuum leak and not the switch, but then again, it could be two separate problems. How do I check the trouble codes on my 1988 Pontiac 6000 2.5L?

Reply to
Travis King

Check out this page on how to check for trouble codes and also for what they mean if they show up:

As for your cruise not working that could be many things, espically on an '88 6000 (my Dad has owned 4 of 5 6000 ranging from 1986 - 1988), but check to see if you pull up any codes. You never know. :)

Reply to
80 Knight