Shell Car Wash

Well I got gas today at Shell ( $1.98 ), and with a fill up you get a discounted car wash. Car was filthy with road salt so I figured what the hell I got a meeting tomorow and I want to arrive in a clean car.

While waiting for the tire pusher to come up behind my tire, I see a 4 foot long aluminum molding laying across the steel mesh grate next to the tire track. As my car get pushed in I notice 5 other rubberized glue on body side moldings laying on the ground inside the car wash, and one wheel cover.

I came out with all my moldings still on the car.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~297,834 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Christ! Is that all 87 AKI costs back in Chicagoland these days?

It's $2.75 here on Maui. Of course,we don't have heating bills at home...... no furnaces ya know! GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

its freaking $US1.8 / liter here and we do have hefty heating bills. damn government!

ahmet turkey

Reply to
dragon

That is why I only do touch less car wash.

Yes damn Government Thank You Mr. Bush. The price per barrel went down $1.00 this week. BUT the price at the pump went from $1.79 to $1.99 in one day here in South West MI. I tried to think WHY and the only thing I came up with is the election in Iraq this weekend.

Reply to
Tim or Linda

Just be glad that members of the administration don't have any vested interests in the oil industry. Otherwise they might have an incentive to keep the oil prices high.

Wait a minute.......................

If it's any consolation. In the Barren wasteland to the North, the dollar has appreciated by over 20% US and although crude is priced by the barrel in US$ the CDN prices for gasoline go up & up & up.

Oh well I suppose in Canada there's the vaunted "nationalized" health care that is paid mostly for by the provinces that one cannot find a MD through, the lauded Welfare system that traps people in and endless cycle of poverty and a bloated government payroll that is nothing more than a glorified welfare system for lazy middle class "women".

yes the US system & fuel prices suck, but until another free "Hong Kong" is created it's the best system out there.

PS The soft cloth car washes.... are there many East of Chicago? I've got some mouldings that I'd like to remove

Reply to
Full_Name

$1.98 is expensive. Its only around $1.78 here in Wisc.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Reply to
Travis King

Well here in the capitale of Canada it 79.9 Cents/litre that's almost $3.60/gallon cnd and for me add another 12 cent/litre for premium and that's $4.14 /gallon

Mark

99GP GTP
Reply to
MB

Everyone seems to be cranked about Harry's gas price -- I would more concerned about the car wash eating my car! Agree the Shell wash is a bit primitive, but does the job in a road-salt emergency. Bob

Reply to
BeeP

snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHISyahoo.com (Dennis Smith) wrote in news:ctgsbj$k1h$1 @news.doit.wisc.edu:

Where in Wisconsin? In Milwaukee it's about $2.05 for 87!

Reply to
Adam Leinss