Signal lights on 1990 Grand Prix STE

Hey all.

I have a 1990 Pontaic Grand Prix STE. It's the 3.1L V6. For some reason my signal lights stopped working. They come on solid on both the inside and outside of the vehicle. The 4 way hazards work fine though. I tried replacing the flasher module under the panel below the glovebox but I'm still getting the same results. Does anybody know if there is a separate flasher for the signals versus the hazards or something?

Any tips?

Thanks, Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy

I had a '92 an a '91 GP (both same as yours), and if memory serves, the flasher module for the turn signals is different and is located under the drivers side panel, down by your feet. Only the hazard one is under the glovebox.

Reply to
80 Knight

Tried looking on drivers side and there doesn't even seem to be any removeable panels. I took off two of them but there is nothing behind them....

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy

There is a panel right underneath the steering wheel. It should be held on with a couple screws, then you pull the panel towards you to remove it. Under there you should be able to get at the flasher module.

Reply to
80 Knight

After you remove the sound insulation panel from the LH side of the lower dash. You then may encounter a black steel plate directly under the shift bowl of the steering column. remove the steel plate if one is present then you might see the flasher.

91 Bonnie has a steel plate.

Good luck

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 32,672 91 Bonneville LE 304,883
Reply to
Harry Face