Slide-A-Link traction bars?

Can anyone give first hand details about using Competition Engineering Slide-A-Links for street use?

I have read that setting them up using the "track" preload results in a pretty harsh ride for the street. Any thoughts?

CE website states "street" setting to include 0.25 inch air gap. I have read that results in less traction similar to using "slapper" style traction bars. This would still be an improvement as my 77 TA with its 400hp 400CID is impossible to launch with any real throttle.

Any real world experience?

Reply to
none