sorts OT but: 04 lasabre ABS lite

Hi, I s there a way for me to extract the ABS codes which are causing the ABS lite to come on in my 04 LaSabre?

tia, peter still looking for a 40th Anniv Bonnie

Reply to
peter

Do you have an OBD-2 car code scanner?

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

There are only a couple of DIY abs code readers. Regular OBD-2 code readers are not able to read the ABS codes.

Reply to
jd2579

Are you saying that these codes don't get logged into the ECU, or that just any old code reader won't be able to read it?

I think if you have PC-based software reader, it should be able to read anything as long as it gets logged by the ECU.

The C0xxx chassis codes contain all of the ABS related codes:

Generic OBD-II C Chassis Trouble Codes

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
YKhan

I'm not totally sure where they get logged to, but they do get logged. I have a laptop version of a popular OBDII code reader (and have tried different software to see if the "C" codes can be read, none have worked.

Reply to
jd2579

I think one way to tell all possible codes that are returned by your car, is to use Scantool.net software and hit the "simulate" button on it. I think it returns all possible codes in simulation mode. If you see any Cxxxx codes returned in the simulation, then it should be able to display them.

I'll have to try it myself on my Pontiac, which should be the same as the Buick. I've only tried simulate on my Subaru so far, and I believe the Subaru returns Uxxxx codes in addition to Pxxxx codes.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
YKhan