sqeeking in back of 93 GP

Everytime I go over a bump the back end squeeks. Uf I push down on the truck it also squeeks. A while ago the back end dropped, the shop said the struts seized and I had them replaced. After I got it out of the shop the car was driving smooth. Approx. 1 week later the back end was driving lower after i went over a bump and now the squeeking is back. The shop said it was not the struts but the bar that goes across the back between the tires. I don't know if the shop is telling me the truth.What do you guys think.

Reply to
evelyn

They are talking about the transverse leaf spring that goes across the back of your car. Your vehicle only has one big leaf spring in the back of your vehicle...similar to a Corvette. At the end of the leaf spring (which happens to be some sort of composite material) there are rubber pads where each end of the leaf spring contact the spindles. These eventually fall off and then the composite material is rubbing directly on the metal. Sometimes, it will wear the leaf spring so badly, that you need a new spring. If it hasn't worn too much, you can get new rubber ends and have them glued back into place.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai