stock stereo in 1993 grand am...??

I have a stock factory stereo in my 93 grand am with just the am fm radio. I want to find a cassette player radio for my car.....and i have tried several. The harness connector on the tape models seems to be different so the stock harness doesnt plug right in.

can anyone confirm this? Im thinking i have gotten the wrong stereo even though everythign looks the same on the frong of the unit the rear is different.

Reply to
scale

When I bought my 93 GA it already had a removeable pioneer cassette unit in it, recently I looked into replacing that with a cd unit. What the folks at store said was that I needed a new mount, and a wiring adapter for the new stereo. If you can find one that fits your current mounting hole then all you need is the wiring adapter which is preconfigured for the brand of radio and 93 GA.

A store that installs stereos will stock (or can order) the correct adapter.

Reply to
john graesser

Not the cheapest on the net in terms of price BUT you get just about EVERYTHING needed to install your unit including brackets, wiring adapters and complete instructions that are specific for YOUR vehicle.

I've used them several times and have been extremely satisfied with their service and products.

Reply to
lymee

-snip-

Service!? There has to be a stronger word. My son called them to confirm a model # for some equipment for his Audi. He got a real person who knew what he was talking about. . . . . and said to call again if he had any trouble with the install.

The instructions that came with the harness made the complicated install just a matter of 'step-by-step'.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht