Strange Problem

Hi Group,

I was hoping one of you may have some ideas for the following problem. I spoke with GM because I am having problem when I put my foot on the gas and it is almost like the car floods it's self. I had the O2 sensor changed about a month ago because the engine light came on and ETS was disabled. These are what the codes said any how this fixed the that problem. Just last week the engine light came on and the ETS was disabled again. To make a long story short I had them reset the codes to resolve that problem for now.

Today I went to a GM dealer to see if they can offer any advice and the basically tell me that if the engine light is not on it would be a waste of my money to put it on the scope. Some people that I have spoke with said maybe it might be a coil or plugs causing the problem with the flooding like symptoms. What I did do is leave the car in park and rev the motor to see if I have the same problem. The funny thing is it does not have this flooding problem when in park only when driving. The next thing I thought was maybe my tranny oil was low or maybe the fluid was burnt. Nope was not burnt. What next? I know some stuff about cars but not alot, I am much better with the old school stuff and all this electronic stuff confuses me.

The car is 1997 Pontiac Grand Am se 2.4L fully loaded and has just over 133K on it.

Thanks in advance.

Vex

Reply to
Vex

Check the fuel system. Filter is near the tank. Rail pressure should be at least 45 psi.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

Check all the grounds to make sure they are clean and good, body to" frame", "frame" to block, etc...........

Reply to
BushmanBro