Strange speaker problem

Turns out that there is no sound coming from the rear speakers in my 99 grand prix Everything looks connected and no visible damage, so where would I start looking for a problem?

Once I find my meter I'll check for power but after that ????

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Darren

Reply to
Boris Badenov

If the speakers arn't ripped to bits from being overpowered and still have the wires attached you can probobly eliminate the speakers as the problem. That leaves the wires or the radio itself. If you unplug the speaker wires from the radio and hook up a continuity tester or a vom you can check if the wires are broken. If that is ok then it may be the final amp for the rear speakers in the radio is blown and you have no signal going out of the radio on those connections.

Reply to
john graesser

Put a VOM across the speakers (unhooked, of course) and check for continuity. Something low, like 3 ohms or so. As long as it's not zero and it's not infinity, the speaker should at least make some noise.

The odds are pretty low that both speakers would > Turns out that there is no sound coming from the rear speakers in my 99 > grand prix

Reply to
Robert Barr