Sunbird Odometer

I have a '92 Sunbird GT and the Odometer quit working as it was rolling over to 160,000 km. The Speedo, Tach and Trip Meter all work fine, though. Any suggestions other than a replacement cluster?

Thanks, Todd Mills

Reply to
Todd Mills

Yours might have a small electric motor to control the odometer, my car has one. Its bolted on right next to the wheels with the numbers, its on the inside of the cluster so you have to disassemble the cluster Or your drive gear might of stripped out.

When I was pricing parts for mine when the trip meter died the only part GM sold was a gear. Any other parts or service needed you had to send out the cluster, then a certification sticker has to be affixed to the inside driver door that says the speedo was serviced on such & such date & this was the mileage at that time.

Should be easy to find a cluster in the junkyards to match yours, but then you have to worry abut the accuracy of those gauges

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 302,552 miles
Reply to
Harry Face