Sunbird starting problems

Have read lots of messages that say the sunbird line has an intermittent start fault, almost like it has a mind of its own or is like a woman, will go when it is ready. I have the same thing with my '91. Lots of juice, cranks well, but some days, particulary damp ones, and no joy. Leave it for 15-20 minutes, and away we go. Seems to be worse if I park on a uphill slope. Have to face down hill. Have changed the plugs, distributor and rotor, and the inline fuel filter. Also have used di eletric grease on the plugs and points. Trying to think of any thing else that might affect the car. IF anyone else has the same or similar, and has solved the equation, let me know. Thx

Reply to
I'm Mike and you are not

Sounds odd, but just out of curiosity, maybe a little spray around the electrical system with that stuff that is suppsoed to repel moisture? I don't know what it's called, but I used it on my pickup truck I used to have as it was the ONLY way to keep it running or even start it up. I haven't used it on my car yet, but it's sounding like I need to. I park out in a parking lot at home here and it can sputter and try to stall out when driving in damp or rainy weather.

-- [*]~ Fuzzie Dice ~[*] My KITT: 1987 Pontiac 6000 w/ 145,000+ Miles Knight Dreams: The restoration of KITT

FuzzieDice