Sunday- Winter Swap meet

Well I went to the winter car parts swap meet today at Lake County Fairgrounds in Grayslake, IL. It began to snow about 9:30 AM. I left at

10 AM. Driving north the snow got a bit heavy, but by the time I got to Ohare Airport there was nothing on the ground & the snow storm stopped.

Arrived at the fairgrounds west gate about 11:45 am. Sign on the half opened gate read -- Exit Only Use East Entrance. @%#$#^%#$@% !!!

There wre three indoor buildings being utilized today. One building was

90 % toy cars. There was a guy selling GM triple duce Intakes for $125. One had three carbs on it with a price of about $225. I forget what they were for, something in the mid 60's.

I bought a few miscellanious rubber grommets, one of those pipe cleaner type brushes for shoving down the sink drain, trim panel push in anchors, two of those short stubby Craftsman screwdrivers 9 slotted & phillips head ) Those were the ones that " always " disappeared around our house.

I also bought a GM Service Repair Manual ( New in 91, but never used ) for mothers 91 Cadillac Brougham, $35 That's mainly the reason I went up there.

About 12:30 the snow begun falling up in Grayslake. Some of the vendors began packing it up around 12:30. People are still coming in the joint & there ready to leave. Of course sales were probably slow today. The guy with the repair manuals came in from Hammond, Indiana. He had a few hubcaps for sale. I picked one up that was crushed, and said " You can't sell this who the hell would buy this ? "

He pointed to the guy across the aisle and said " He's buying it, He run it over backing his parts trailer in the building this morning ."

LOL !

So, I left about 1 pm. The closer I got to home the harder it snowed and the deeper the snow piled up. About 8 inches of wet, heavy snow fell today.

Harryface

91 Bonneville 275,068 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

We got some snow here. Nothing like the 4-8 inches we were supposed to get though, but I guess we're supposed to keep getting it. :D

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

That better than our Sunday swap meet here in Minnesota. It was to be held in a local national guard armory. We I got there I big sign that it was cancelled due to recent troop deployment.

KS

Reply to
Kevin