Sunfires, Lordstown or Mexico

Invest in the Haynes manual or any other semidecent service manual and it'll most probably contain the VIN code abbreviations. Some owners guides include it too.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson

Question How can you tell if a sunfire is built in Lordstown Ohio, or in Mexico?

Thanks

Walt

Reply to
Walt

Well, if it wants to fall apart after 1000 miles, makes squeeking noises all the time, you find old burritos in the glovebox, and 3 mexicans trying to smuggle themselves into the country in the trunk, then my bet would be that it was made in mexico.

ok ok... it Should be on the window sticker.

Reply to
Paradox

Applehead ( paradox ) also forgot to mention one of the letters or numbers in the Vin is an indication what plant built the car, but you'd have to ask the dealer or look in a Service Manual to tell the plant by the code letter or number.

Lower left corner of the window sticker also says point of assembly.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~260,600 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

I have had two Sunfires, My first one was a 97 made in Mexico. Traded it in with 75,000+ miles. No squeaks, rattles or anything else.

My 02 Sunfire made in Ohio, rattles, Squeaks, and everything else to go with it. You have to turn up the radio just not to hear them all.

Jim

02 Pontiac Sunfire SE ECOtec
Reply to
Jim

first number of vin: 1= us, 2= canada, 3= mexico

Reply to
Jerry Hamilton