switch or motor?

windshield wipers on a 84 pont parisienne station wagon will just come on by themselves while switch is turned off or sometimes while using them they wont go off. Would this be the switch or the wiper motor?

Reply to
Amber

Likely the switch. Is the steering column stalk used for other purposes (like turn signals)? Over time these switches (single-purpose or multi-function) get wonky. I had a car whose wipers would act weird when I hut the turn signals... The big problem is the degree to which the steering column has to be disassembled to replace the switch assembly. If it's a multi-function switch assembly, brace yourself for the cost of the new part...

Reply to
Ron Seiden