The need for power

How sad is this, my 'project car' (besides the Fiero) just had its new motor ordered...

The '82 Corolla 2-door hardtop with its WHOPPING 1500cc of RAW POWER just wasn't enough, so the 3A-U is getting ripped out and a shiny old 2T-GEU dropped in... up 100cc and 40HP! Woooo!

And what did this 2T-GEU in all its 1600cc DOHC glory cost? $200, bout $100US. The Corolla itself cost less!

*rolls on the floor laughing with the retardedness of it all!*

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson

Buy American !

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~261,000 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Hey I feel for you. And with that car, as light as it is, 10hp is a big improvment. Not that you'll be smoking the tires. But I had a '96 Corolla with a 1.6L for my rental while mine was being fixed about a week ago. I would floor it to get up to speed on the on ramp, and once I hit 40 mph it wasn't even detectable!! Oh, I'm so glad to have my Pontiac back.

Tony

Reply to
Tony V.

Would if I could - unless you want to lend me $5k to buy a TransAM Harry? :-)

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson

HF! Heez a KIWI! Do you know how hard it probably was for Nick to FIND a Pontiac? A Holden, yaah. I find it hilarious about the engine costing more than the car too, but Nick is good at finding nice stuff I gather.

How sad is this, my 'project car' (besides the Fiero) just had its new motor ordered...

The '82 Corolla 2-door hardtop with its WHOPPING 1500cc of RAW POWER just wasn't enough, so the 3A-U is getting ripped out and a shiny old 2T-GEU dropped in... up 100cc and 40HP! Woooo!

And what did this 2T-GEU in all its 1600cc DOHC glory cost? $200, bout $100US. The Corolla itself cost less!

*rolls on the floor laughing with the retardedness of it all!*

Nick.

Steven

Reply to
Steven Dinius