This has probably been asked before but...

Can anyone tell me how to reset the "change oil soon" light on my 2002 Grand Prix GT with the 3.8 non SC engine? I have gotten a great deal on oil changes, but the place is a Ford service shop that doesn't know the codes, so I just need to reset when I get the oil changed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, D

Reply to
Cunnylis77

Try reading the owners manual...

Reply to
InjunRAIV

Document ID# 688048

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix

GM Oil Life System - Resetting

Resetting Procedure Follow this procedure to reset the GM Oil Life System

Turn the ignition to RUN, with the engine off. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds. If the CHANGE OIL SOON light flashes, the system is resetting. Turn the key to OFF after the light has finished flashing, then start the vehicle. If the CHANGE OIL SOON light comes back on, the engine oil life system did not reset. Repeat the procedure.

With Trip Computer Press the MODE button until the light appears next to OIL LIFE. Press and hold the RESET button for three seconds. The oil life percentage should change to 100 percent.

Reply to
Silver Surfer