Ticking sound coming from PCV valve? your thoughts please

So I was driving the wife's 94 Grand Prix with the 3100. She mainly drives it around town, and I was heading out to the freeway. So I got on it a bit, to help free the carbon that has attached itself to the valves etc ...

I get home, and pull into my parking spot, and I hear this tick tick tick tick, a really fast ticking. I'm thinking to myself, WTF is that. After listening a bit, it sounds like the PCV valve. So I turn the car off, and remove it. Start the car back up, and no tick tick tick. So I shake that PCV valve, and it seems to be moving freely. I put it back into the car, and the damn ticking it back. From what I could see with the valve out, there isn't any excessive blow by (car has 152k miles on it). I could be wrong .. but you shouldn't hear the ticking from a PCV should you?

Your thoughts are most welcome.

Reply to
clevere

kwd57

hehe!

Reply to
clevere

Oh, the sweet smell of Wishful Thinking. You're just blaming the PCV valve because it costs $5 and can be replaced in 5 minutes.

Reply to
Joe

Oh no! Not blaming .. I know the little bastard is ticking .. I removed it, and the ticking went away :)

Reply to
clevere