Time to replace brake pads?

Hi,

Recently I'm noticing my Montana 2000 rear passenger side wheel has metal grinding noise when braking in slow speed like less than 30Km/h. I wonder if it's time to replace the pads? The rear wheels come with drums where the fronts have disc brakes. Also, the car is starting to feel jerking a bit when braking as well. The car has 55000 km on it.

Thanks,

Simon

Reply to
Newbie

Yup, sounds like it's time to replace the pads. You'll probably also need to remachine the rotors a bit too during this time.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

replace shoes and machine drums

Reply to
DA .

Thanks guys for the advices. I'm due for the oil change anyway so I'll get the brakes done too.

Simon

Reply to
Newbie