Tinted Windows

I have tinted windows on my car, since it was a used car, I can see that this tinting was after the fact. My problem is that it squeals like hell when you put the window up or down.

Any solutions for this problem.

Thanks.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Bulach

This worked for me on two cars:

  1. Buy a can of spray Pledge.
  2. Spray on window and wipe off.
  3. Run window up and down several times.
  4. You may need to do this two or three.

Hope this helps.

JHG

Reply to
JHG

Perhaps you can help me with my problem, I have a 93 GA that the first owner had window film installed on the windows. Now 10 or so years later the film is bubbling up from the glass.

I removed the film on the passenger side since I could no longer see thru the bubbles and it left a layer of adhesive on the glass. I tried Alchohol, water and wd40 to remove the adhesive and nothing so far works. Anyone know how to remove window film adhesive?

The rear window is also getting to point where it needs to be removed from there as well so it is becoming more important to do something about this.

Here in Texas the windows spend all summer getting heated over 100 degrees F each day so the adhesive really bakes onto the glass.

Reply to
john graesser

If you Google the subject you will come across a wealth of advice like that in the link below:

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Ronsol ( ? ) Lighter FLuid disolves some adhesives. Might want to try laquer thinner or mineral spirits to.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 19,000 mi. 91 Bonneville LE , the black table in the garage.
Reply to
Harry Face