top speed 07 gxp gp

recently got an 2007 grand prix gxp . according to pontiac its top speed is 155 mph . but the guys at my job said all american cars are regulated to 115 mph . maybe not corvettes and such but most . anyone know how fast this car can actually go ?

Reply to
DALE PITSAS

delivery to your engine at a pre-set speed (108 for normally aspirated 3800's and 126 for supercharged 3800's). This will prevent the car from exceeding the speed limitation of the factory tires' speed rating. This operation was designed by GM to prevent lawsuits and dangerously high speeds, and will not harm your Grand Prix.

Reply to
jd2579

I know that the CompG's shut down att 142..... (Unless you reprogram the PCM)

GXP.....Top speed (governor limited): 143 mph, that could be changed too.....

RKELC

The last gen of Firebirds were unlimited if they came from the factory with the speed rated tires ( fbody.org ). I have a 2005 GTO now, the spedo goes to 200, but I haven't tried it that fast yet to see if it is restricted at less than that.

Tom S.

Reply to
Tom S.