Towing while covered - possible?

I have to move my baby, a 1962 Tempest convertible. It has no top, and of course the weatherman thinks it will rain. I've rented a trailer to tow it - all four wheels will be off the ground. Can I keep the cover on it while I'm moving? Or should I just rig up a tarp and hope for the best?

Erik

Reply to
Erik Y. Adams

I tried to tow a car with a cover on it years ago. The cover actually rubbed the paint off of the car on some of the sharp edges. Just my experience.

Jerry Hamilton

Reply to
Jerry Hamilton

wait for a day it isn't going to rain. Ever see an outboard motor boat covered going down the highway? flap, flap, flap, flap

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~270,000 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

IMO you cannot get a tarp tight enough to not flap. I would shrink wrap (like the boats) or wait for some nice days.

Reply to
Eric

Reply to
NOSPAM