Trans Sport

I am looking at a '98 Pontiac Trans Sport Montana. Anyone have any history with these? The brakes seem mushy and I am told it is because they are ALB Thanks.

Reply to
CaptCook

FORGET THE BRAKES....For that matter, forget the VAN. The 3.4 engine develops a lower intake manifold leak and water goes into the oil This problem can happen ANYTIME! And fixing it DOESN'T FIX IT! It can happen again ANYTIME after that. This usually costs anywhere from $300-$800 to fix, depending on the sympathetic feeling from the guy fixing it. I'm surprised that no one else has written you about this problem but I have 2 '96 VANS that had this problem and it isn't cheap or fun. The '98 has the SAME engine and the SAME problem. STEER CLEAN OF THESE VANS!

John

Reply to
John Wipff

engine develops

problem can

Thank you for the warning. It looks like the Sable moved up a level.

Reply to
CaptCook

I only have one month of history, but so far I absolutely love my van. It is very comfortable and rides great. So far I would recommend it to anyone.

My brakes feel like any other I have used. They shudder a little at high speeds, but I know that's because of the rotors.

Reply to
josh