Trans Sport parking brake -- how to disengage?

Hello,

Not too long ago I bought a 1994 Pontiac Trans Sport. Its emergency brake pedal is embossed with the words "PUSH TO RELEASE". When I pushed the emergency brake, it engaged. Now it won't disengage. I have pushed it, pulled it, pushed it sideways, and it still is braked even when the pedal is at the top. I have looked in the owner's manual, and it says nothing about this matter.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Ted Shoemaker

Reply to
Ted Shoemaker

It's push-set, and push-release. If you pushed on the pedal to release it and the pedal came up, and the brake is still stuck on, then it is just that....stuck. Sticking parking brakes will often release in reverse. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh