transmission oil

How can I check the transmission oil in a 97 Sunbird? I was told that does not have a dip stick. Please reply in news group. Thank You

Reply to
Z71

GM decided that you don't need to check it. If it doesn't leak or slip, it's still full. If it does leak or slip, they expect you to have it repaired, then filled. Full is when you cannot add more fluid without it overflowing. GW

Z71 wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

"Z71" wrote

There is a small plug in the transmission case out by the right axle seal. You check the fluid level by idling the car, making sure it's level, remove the plug and add trans fluid to the trans thru the red cap that is in the top of the trans. When the fluid comes running out of that plug you removed, the fluid level is correct. Re-install the plug and you are done.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

That's been the Mitsubishi theory for YEARS. Was truly a pain in the arse when I was refilling the old GSR's trannie. Just keep pouring... and pouring...

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson