Trany pan gasket reuseable?

Hello, I am told by GM that their transmission pan gasket is reuseable and needs no gasket seal when reusing the seal. Is this true...I hope it is...the gasket for my 96 Pontiac is $65.00 Any thoughts. Thank you, Brent

Reply to
Brent

There is something wrong with that price.

Pan gasket 4T60E Molded rubber OE 91-up Quantity in Basket:none Code: 37141M Price:$14.85

Pan gasket 4T60E 91-up, Bottom pan Quantity in Basket:none Code: 37141 Price:$1.26

Reply to
« Paul »

If it's the factory molded gasket, yes it is reusable. Or a new one can be had for $15 or so.

Steve

Reply to
SSTEIN2

Reply to